One Health Central and Eastern Africa (OHCEA) is an international university network; currently of twenty-four institutions constituted by higher education institutions in public health, veterinary medicine, pathobiology, global health and environmental science. These are located in 16 universities in 8 countries in Eastern, Central and Western African regions. For more details about the network visit our website www.ohcea.org
OHCEA acknowledges the increasing demand to promote One Health Workforce development services beyond the traditional One Health disciplines and institutions, and on the continent beyond the current member countries.
OHCEA has received a 5-year USAID sub-award funded through a consortium led by the University of California Davis to implement the One Health Workforce – Next Generation (OHW Next-Gen) Project. Under OHW-NG, the university networks will continue to provide multisectoral education and training to build these One Health core competencies among the future and current workforces. Additionally, there will be an expanded scope to 1) target sub- national (e.g., regional, provincial, district-level) agriculture, forestry, wildlife, and public health officials, veterinary and public health paraprofessionals, as well as allied health professionals, 2) engage with technical and vocational training institutions as well as schools and faculties outside the “traditional” One Health disciplines, and 3) provide continuing education and teaching for adult learners.
To implement the network’s Strategic Plan and project objectives, OHCEA is in the process of recruiting a qualified individual to fill the position of Country Manager for DRC.
JOB TITLE: COUNTRY MANAGER (1 Position in DRC )
The Dean at the host institution and OHCEA Regional Program Manager
- To coordinate OHCEA’s agenda and provde strategic guidance to the country:
- Coordination with university leadership, including Deans and University top management
- Coordination within and across member institutions
- Strengthen national level coordination with government and other stakeholders
- Strategic partnership engagement including but not limited to government, private sector, civil society, and community.
- Horizon scanning to identify opportunities
- Resource mobilization
- To broaden the scope of operation and reporting beyond, disciplines, institutions, and countries
- Support the process of bringing on board new institutions and actors
- Centralized reporting and documentation of processes, outcomes and impact of activities and programs
- To provide leadership and support to programme management and capacity development
- To identify programming gaps and develop strategies to address them
- To manage timely dissemination of programme reports to the Regional Secretariat and stakeholders
- To identify scientific publication ideas and support teams to write publications
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to Public Health, Epidemiology or Veterinary Medicine, Environmental Sciences, Nursing, and Biomedical Sciences. A PhD will be an added advantage
- Evidence of track record in the following:
- Leadership & Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project Management
- Proposal writing
- Familiar with the OHCEA network and preferably engaged in implementing OHCEA activities.
- Passionate about One Health and have demonstrated skills in the focus areas.
- Available to start work immediately on a full-time basis.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
- The successful candidate will be endorsed by Deans of the respective OHCEA partner institutions in the country
- Salary will be commensurate with expereince, and qualifications
How to apply:
Those who applied the first time this advert came out are encouraged to re-apply, if still interested.