ONE HEALTH CENTRAL AND EASTERN AFRICA
JOB TITLE: Head Operations
REPORTING TO: Regional Manager - Finance and Administration
SALARY: Commensurate with training and experience
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager Finance and Administration of OHCEA, the Head Operations will manage and oversee AFROHUN operations. S/he ensures compliance with AFROHUN procedures, grant agreement requirements, USAID regulations, and the other donors’ regulations. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
Duties and responsibilities:
• Planning and budgeting for day to day operational effectiveness in conjunction with the relevant project managers.
• Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
• Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
▪ Act as human resources focal person overseeing a recruitment of staff and providing an orientation to new employees.
• Ensure that AFROHUN operations policies and procedures are up-to-date and followed by all employees
• Support on activities related to financial management like Institutional budgeting, fundraising/Resource mobilization, controlling payroll and risk management process.
• Administer personnel policies and apply regulations, rules and procedures concerning recruitment, appointment, benefits, and other personnel issues
• Oversees the administrator while managing the logistics and contracts for services with service providers such as travel agents, hotels, translation and interpretation agencies, office suppliers etc.
• Liaison contact for country managers for compliance with the funding agencies’ rules and regulation and OHCEA policies at regional and country offices.
• Responsible for the OHCEA procurement processes and ensure that it is in accordance with USAID/ AFROHUN policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience in donor relationship
• Knowledge of computer applications and financial management
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, commerce, Business Computing or other closely related degree.
• A post-graduate qualification and or experience in finance management shall be an added advantage.
• Training/experience in human resource management.
• At least 3 years of progressive work experience in a busy organization or office setting in an administrative/operations position.
• Able to work effectively in a multi-site organization with a matrix structure, requiring strong communication, organization & negotiation skills.
• Excellent English language skills, both written and oral with practical computer skills and competence with Microsoft office environment.